If you have any requests or comments concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us via the ‘contact us’ link on our website available at http://lewisgroup.co.za (“the Website”).
- Information collected: We collect personal information (such as names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc.) from visitors to this Website (“users” or “you”) through the use of enquiry forms voluntarily completed by users and every time users voluntarily e-mail us their personal information. We may compile, use and share certain data about our site visitors’ traffic patterns and information that does not relate to specific individuals (such as age, gender, products purchased, etc.) with partners or other third parties. Subject to paragraph 2, we do not disclose any personal information about individual users without their express written consent. We do not sell any personal information about individual users.
- Disclosures: You hereby consent to our disclosing personal information to the subsidiaries and affiliates of Lewis and those suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf (who will not be allowed to use such personal information for any other purposes), or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulations.
- Use of personal information: We process the personal information of users collected via this Website for the purposes of:
- Planning and managing our workload and/or business activities;
- Providing you with press releases or other information about Lewis (such as products, services, competitions and promotions) and responding to your queries;
- Obtaining feedback from users in order to assist us in improving our Website design;
- Compiling non-personal statistical information about the browsing habits and click-patterns of users and access to the Website; and
- Maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource.
- Internet-based transfers: Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information for the purposes set out above necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Some of the countries to which your personal information may be transmitted may not provide the same statutory protection for your data as your home country. By browsing this Website and communicating electronically with Lewis you acknowledge and agree to our transferring and processing of personal data in this way.
- Your rights: In addition to the policies and procedures we employ to safeguard your data, your personal data is protected by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act no.25 of 2002. You have the right to see the personal information held by Lewis about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You can do this by completing the enquiry form via the contact us link on this Website. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that all inaccurate or incomplete information is corrected as soon as possible. If you would like your personal information to be deleted from our records, please contact us by completing the enquiry form on our Website and we will delete your personal information from our records as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Security: Lewis shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. In the unlikely event that the security of your personal information in our possession becomes comprised, we will notify you as soon as is reasonably possible under the circumstances. The websites to which you may hyperlink from this Website are not under our control and have their own privacy policies (if any). It is your responsibility to review such websites’ privacy policies and Lewis shall not be liable for the breach of any of such privacy policies by the owners of such websites.
- Policy changes: Lewis may, in its sole discretion, change this Private Policy Statement, or any part thereof, at any time without notice. Any changes to this Private Policy Statement will be posted here. We recommend that you regularly visit this page to ensure that you have read the most recent version of this Private Policy Statement.